Why Choose a Career in Digital Marketing 2020
What is digital marketing?
In this Pandamic year there are huge career opportunity in digital marketing in india 2020. Digital Marketing is an act of selling and promoting our products using online techniques such as Social media marketing, search marketing, and email marketing.
In simple words, Digital Marketing is the marketing of our products and services using digital technologies through the internet on laptops, desktops, mobiles, advertisements and through another digital medium.
There are certain methods in Digital Marketing that are used to promote or sell our products or display our content online and get business or become a success in the market.
Digital Marketing Verticals:
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Search engine marketing
- Content Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Video Marketing
A career in Digital Marketing:
Building Career in Digital Marketing has a great scope in the market now and also in the future.
As we all know that usage of internet is increasing consistently and there are extensive opportunities in promoting and selling our business to any corner of the world at any point of time through Digital means at an effective cost people can earn huge revenues based only on click conveniently.
The creativity of a digital marketer plays a major role to succeed in this field.
To set a proper career in Digital marketing one shall have a great presentation, content writing, and convincing skills.
Digital Marketing Salaries, Roles n Responsibilities
Digital Marketing path provides various opportunities in different verticals they are:
- SEO person is responsible to drive traffic to the websites by improving Google search rankings.
- Web page optimization is done by SEO persons for the website and hence the promotion of the product is possible.
- There are many freelance projects offered and on-field assignments with big companies.
Average Salary Package per annum: Rs.2.5 to 6 lacs
Social Media Executive or Social Media Manager:
- Social Media executive is a person who manages social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Twitter.
- Here this vertical is used only for the big social media firms and firms that are more into the creative field.
Average Salary Package per annum: 3.5 lacs to 7 lacs.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) or PPC Expert:
- Here people use paid Ads to promote their product and generate lots of leads and business.
- Main responsibilities are to bid the best keyword by doing keyword research, manage ad groups, optimize landing pages, create campaigns and promote, generate analytics and reports, optimize landing pages, etc.
- This profile has a lot of demand it can be one of the best options out of other verticals of digital marketing.
Average Salary Package per annum: 3.5 lacs to 5 Lacs
Content Writer or Content Marketing:
- The content writer plays a major role in Digital Marketing, as he/she is the person who is responsible to build the content as per the product and mainly conversion majorly happens due to the relevancy of the content in the website.
- The content writer should create optimized and trending content and he/she also should coordinate with the SEO team, keyword research team to create the best content and increase ranking.
- If one has the tricks and techniques of content writing then this sounds like a very good career path.
- Freelance opportunities are also in bulk number for this career.
Average Salary Package per annum: 3 lacs to 5 lacs.
Digital Marketing Manager:
- Responsibilities of a digital marketing manager are to look all over the Digital marketing department such as devising strategies, generating traffic, and supervising all the verticals mentioned above.
- Digital Marketing manager has the highest pay compared to other verticals as his/her experience will also be between 7 -10 yrs.
Average Salary Package per annum: 7 lacs to 10 lacs per annum approximately.
These are the important verticals of Digital marketing.
There are other profiles depending on the requirement of Organization and individual’s interest:
- CRM manager
- Email marketing
- Analytics marketing
- Affiliate marketing.
The era of Digital Marketing career has made work easy for people who cannot work for full time an employee in a company.
Start as a Digital Marketing Freelancer:
People now become self-employed and work for different projects at a time from their residential location or from the location they are comfortable on flexible timings.
These people work on short and long projects, they choose their clients who have requirements matching their skills, such people are called freelancers and the type of work is called Freelance work.
Freelance marketing is ruling the business world at present.
Freelance work is advantageous to everybody like housewives, females who have family and social obligations, Qualified students who want to work and study in parallel.
There is no particular category of a career described for freelancer he/she can take any role suiting his skills with the client’s requirement.
Salary here is calculated on an hourly basis, daily basis or accordingly as per the nature of the job.
Freelancer can earn well as he/she can take up multiple projects at a time and work simultaneously if they schedule their daily routine well.
The requirement of a freelance job is very simple we need high-speed internet connection, a laptop or a desktop and power supply to run both.
As per research, India ranks 2nd in the freelance workforce and USA is in 1st place when compared globally.
Organizations also show interest in Freelance outsourcing for small projects and contract projects so that they can cut the resource cost by hiring candidates on a freelance basis.
Scope in Digital Marketing:
Since last few years, Digital Marketing career in India has consistent growth and by the end of 2020, it is expected that we will have 20 lacs of jobs in the Digital Marketing field.
According to Cisco’s Visual Networking Index (VNI) report, by 2021, 829 million Indians (59% of the population) are expected to use the Internet on daily basis, out of above 829 million, 79% will access the Internet through mobile.
This shows that Internet penetration In India is the highest leaving behind the US and UK.
As per IMRB, online marketing in India is increasing by 30% year on year
Expected share of Advertisement allocate to digital media is Rs. 25,200 crores by the year 2020.
Advantages of Digital Marketing:
- Digital Marketing makes communication easy between Client and Organization.
- Information about our product will reach the client very clearly and in a detailed manner.
- Information about the products and services reaches consumers easily and directly whenever and wherever they want, for example through smartphones which are handy to everybody nowadays.
- Promotion and Branding are quite very easy through Digital Marketing to the whole world sitting in one corner of the world.
- Marketing online using digital devices also saves a lot of time through online shopping, for example, E-commerce platforms play a major role.
Salaries that are mentioned above are just approximations, we can earn huge if we are more creative, and also with an increase in experience.
There are many certifications to get specialized in every module mentioned above. They are:
- Google Ad words Certification
- Hubspot Certification
- Bing Certifications
- YouTube Certifications
- Facebook Certifications
These certifications are a valuable addition to the candidate’s profile and give a good start of their career with a good package.
Hence Digitalization is in boom everywhere and it has become a necessity for every business that is existing in today’s competitive era and therefore we can say that Digital Marketing will rule and last for many coming years.
It will have very bright career options for present and also future job seekers.